Monday, March 14, 2016

Screw You, Game of Thrones!

Do you ever feel lost? I mean, completely and utterly, I-haven't-got-a-clue-as-to-what-I'm-actually-supposed-to-be-doing-with-my-life lost? Really?! Okay, good! Phew! I'm glad I'm not alone in that. Unless, of course, you answered "No, Carly. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."....then I just don't know what to do with you.

Anyway, if you are in the aforementioned boat... Welcome! Please keep all arms and legs inside the vessel at all times unless otherwise instructed. You can (and should) expect ridiculous delays and randomly placed obstacles that include (but are not limited to) hoops of fire that you will be expected to jump through. And, yes, these hoops will appear even when you feel like you can't hold up your head.

*sigh* ...Ever feel like that? I do. It really sucks, doesn't it? And it's currently winter. I hate winter. It's so gloomy and depressing. And, when you actually struggle with depression, the cold weather and lack of sun just makes it that much more depressing.
I mean, WILL IT EVER END? Where's that damn groundhog when you need him?! Or his shadow. Wait, unless the shadow's bad... Is the shadow bad? Whichever means "Spring is coming!" is what I need.
Screw you, Game of Thrones! Winter isn't coming, it's already here and it sucks! WHEN IS SPRING?! (Spoiler alert: I actually do know the answer to that question.)



UPDATE: I believe I wrote everything above during the 2014-2015 winter and never published it. I guess I didn't think it was finished and didn't know where to go from there. Honestly, I can't believe I had enough creativity in me during a winter depression to even write that much! I must have been having a slightly "up" kind of day.

Boy, do I have enough creativity now though! *dances* Luckily, I'm currently in an Up Swing. *cue excessive applause*
I'm in so much of an Up Swing that I've actually already written and published another post today... *record scratches/music stops* *GASPS* *everyone freezes* I know. I know. It was just hours ago! Including this post, I've already written three whole blog entries this year...aaand last year, I had a whopping total of *wait for it* TWO entries. Look at me go! *victory dance*

On a similar note, I'm beginning to think I could live my life speaking in asterisks. *ponders*

Also, Jean-Ralphio Saperstein has turned out to be a big influence in my life the last few days and I find this to be highly unexpected, mildly funny, and moderately disturbing. *turns on Chris Traeger voice* I've literally been singing my sentences. And, as I silently read the words that I've just written, I find myself "hearing" them in Ron Swanson's voice. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Okay, well...on that note, I think I'll be going.

Until next time! *tips hat*
Carly (But really Batman)


P.S. NO SPOILERS FOR GAME OF THRONES OR ANY SHOW EVER, PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

P.P.S. After giving it some thought, I might publish this entry tomorrow since I already posted one today... But, for the record, I totally wrote this yesterday. However, if this ends up appearing on my blog under March 13, 2016...then I wrote this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment