Monday, August 18, 2014

There's Nothing Like a Good Cup

Cue the bed music! ♫ It’s a beautiful mornin’ ahhh… ♫

Isn’t coffee wonderful? It comes in all different forms, types, states of matter, shapes (Shapes? I know, just go with it.) and sizes. And the taste? Don’t even get me started. There’s good coffee, bad coffee, drip coffee, gas station coffee, Starbucks coffee, Tim Horton’s coffee, Dunkin’ Donuts coffee, and (Hold up, I’m gonna say this next one with a Sofia Vergara accent so prepare yourself accordingly.) Colombian coffee. Then we have the roasts. There’s breakfast blend roast, English roast, dark roast, medium roast, Italian roast, French roast, classic roast and now I’ve said the word “roast” so many times that it’s beginning to sound strange so I’ll stop myself there. I’m sure you get my point, though… There are googolplexes of different kinds of coffee and different ways to flavor and then consume that oh-so-tasty beverage. 

My next point is that coffee can vary greatly from one type to the next, just like humans. And each individual cup of coffee has the potential to be unique and different from the last cup you had, just like days. You will have good cups and bad cups in the same way that you will have good days and bad days. And, while I totally get that the bad cups can sincerely suck, you simply cannot stop wanting or hoping for or working towards a good cup of coffee just because you had a bad cup. Or two. Or eleven. Or twenty-three years worth of bad cups. And, in fact, if you have, indeed, experienced twenty-three years worth of total bullshit that is all the more reason to strive for total non-bullshit experiences. Think about how amazing those positive experiences could potentially be…
Just don’t give up because there is always hope. And I pinky promise that you are worth that good cup of coffee, among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment